We Are Here To Help!
Take the first steps on your journey to recovery, please fill out the form below:
All submissions are confidential.
An admissions specialist will call you soon.
Please see below for administrative numbers.
OLIVER PYATT CENTERS’ residential eating disorder treatment center offers a truthful and non-judgmental approach to psychiatric and medical residential treatment. Located in South Miami, FL, we provide eating disorder treatment for adults who identify as female. Our evidence-based treatment models offer positive outcomes for our clients while emphasizing each individual’s comfort and dignity. Through comprehensive and carefully planned levels of care, we create a space where individuals can find their recovered self.
WE BELIEVE that a sense of comfort and safety is conducive to attaining full recovery from an eating disorder. This South Miami-based residential eating disorder treatment program is comfortably appointed while providing round-the-clock medical and psychiatric oversight. Featuring comfortable accommodations, common areas, kitchen and dining rooms, with treatment areas encouraging a sense of community and nourishment for body and soul, the surrounding area also offers a beautiful natural setting with access to local attractions for excursions.
To see more about our residential eating disorder treatment center, we invite you to take a Virtual Tour of Oliver-Pyatt Centers:
Eating Disorder Treatment
We Are Here To Help!
Take the first step on your path to eating disorder recovery. Please fill out the form below:
Submissions are confidential. We will call you soon.
- 24-hour on-site medical oversight by nursing team, with 24-hour access to psychiatrists
- Daily nursing assessments and medical monitoring
- Weekly medical appointments (more frequently, if indicated)
- Psychiatric assessment and weekly sessions with psychiatrist (more frequently, if indicated)
- Blood work, bone density scans and collaboration with specialists (if indicated)
- Medical and nutritional restoration and stability, without supplements
- Management of prescription and non-prescription medications
- Individual psychotherapy sessions with masters or doctoral level primary therapist (three times per week)
- Weekly individual sessions with treatment team to discuss progress and therapeutic opportunities
- Daily group therapies: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy | Acceptance and Commitment Therapy | Dialectical behavioral skills training | Interpersonal process | Body image | Relapse prevention
- Adjunct programming for co-occurring presentations
- Supported exposure therapy
- Mindful reintroduction of movement and exercise
- Comprehensive family support, including: Weekly family therapy supported by integrated family work | Frequent family communication | Coaching | Psychoeducation | Monthly Family Friday program
- Thoughtfully implemented meal plan based on specific nutritional and therapeutic needs
- Weekly individual nutrition therapy with registered dietitian
- Pre- and post-meal process groups utilizing Oliver-Pyatt Centers hunger/fullness scale to increase awareness of internal cues
- Mindful eating to help develop a balanced and sustainable relationship with food
- Weekly cooking groups with staff support
- Individually crafted exposures that gradually allow the patient to handle food more independently as they progress in treatment
What We Treat
AT OLIVER-PYATT CENTERS, the residential program provides a full continuum of care for eating and co-occurring disorders. Residential care aids a full recovery by providing 24-hour nursing and the highest level of medical, psychiatric, clinical, and nutritional care available outside a hospital setting. Our residential programming is equipped to treat a wide range of disordered eating, including:
- Binge Eating Disorder – Oliver-Pyatt Centers is among the nation’s leaders in providing treatment for binge eating disorder, which is the most commonly occurring eating disorder in the United States. It is characterized by frequent and repeated binge eating episodes and a sense of losing control over eating habits. Binge eating disorder may have a negative effect on an individual’s physical and psychosocial health.
- Anorexia Nervosa – Characterized by food restriction and body image distortions, anorexia nervosa can pose serious health risks for an individual. Treatment for anorexia nervosa includes nutrition education and therapy, as well as behavioral therapy and other forms of psychotherapy.
- Bulimia Nervosa – Defined by repeated binge-eating and subsequent purging episodes, bulimia nervosa can require residential treatment to achieve a full recovery. As with other types of eating disorders, bulimia nervosa treatment benefits from a multifaceted and compassionate approach to recovery.
- Other Eating and Exercise Disorders – Eating disorders come in many forms, and although the three mentioned above are the most common, virtually any eating disorder can have a profound effect on an individual’s well-being. We can provide treatment for ARFID, orthorexia nervosa, compulsive exercise, OSFED, diabulimia, and many co-occurring disorders.
Read below to learn more about what to expect at the Oliver-Pyatt residential program:
Step-DOwn Care and Aftercare
WE BELIEVE an important part of residential eating disorder treatment is preparing our clients for the “real world” outside of our facility. Without preparation, returning to daily life following residential treatment can be fraught with triggers for relapse. We work to prevent this through daily supported exposure therapy, step-down programs, aftercare planning and by providing comprehensive residential programming.
When ready, clients can step down from residential treatment to day treatment programming. We also provide alumnae services that help our graduated clients stay in touch with their peers and access support in their recovery. Click here to see more about our alumnae services.