Accredited by the joint commission
LED BY EXPERTS in the treatment of eating disorders, our Intensive Programs utilize a comprehensive treatment approach to provide the tools and skills needed to live a life free from food and weight preoccupation. As with all programs at Oliver-Pyatt Centers, you can expect an environment of care and trust that respects the integrity of the individual.
Our evening IOP is available to women living in the South Florida community, who will attend work or school during the day. Patients will continue to work with their outpatient treatment professionals, and we will work closely and collaboratively with them. If a patient does not have a complete team established at the time of admission, we can provide referrals. OPC is in-network with Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - New Directions, Consolidated Health Plans and Humana.
- Thorough assessment upon intake with multidisciplinary treatment team recommendations
- Individualized therapeutic opportunities and treatment goals
- Individual sessions with master’s level primary therapist and registered dietitian
- Exposure therapy with supported meals and restaurant outings
- Group therapies such as:
- Skills building (DBT, CBT, ACT) | Mindful eating | Body image | Interpersonal process | Relapse prevention
- Close communication and collaboration with referring treatment professionals
What you can expect to gain from Intensive Outpatient treatment
- A better understanding of the underlying causes of the eating disorder, as well your biological, psychological and social needs
- An improved ability to balance a priority to fully recover with multiple enriching activities
- Practice implementing new coping tools and learning from the challenges present in order to resolve them differently next time
- New ways to interact with others and the world rather than through the disorder
- Development of a new and whole identity outside of the eating disorder