Accredited by the joint commission
24-hour Residential Program
Modified comprehensive and 12-hour php also available
Programs at Oliver-Pyatt Centers integrate highly personalized and sophisticated medical, psychiatric, clinical, and nutritional care with comprehensive family support. Our treatment is therapeutically grounded, incorporating state-of-the-art approaches, research, outcome data, and up-to-date medical knowledge, and is creative and flexible as well. A vital part of our in-depth biopsychosocial model of treatment is the patient-therapist relationship, through which the core issues driving the eating disorder—and any co-occurring disorders that accompany it—can be discovered and thoroughly addressed.
Embedded in our culture is a philosophy of collaboration—among our team members and with our patients' outpatient providers. Our experienced bilingual multidisciplinary team takes a holistic approach to get our patients on the path to long-term health and a sustained recovery.
Medical, psychiatric, clinical, and nutritional care
- 24-hour on-site medical oversight and nursing
- Complete medical history and physical exam upon admission
- Daily medical assessments and monitoring
- Weekly medical appointments (more frequently if indicated)
- 24-hour access to psychiatrists
- Psychiatric assessment and at least one weekly session with psychiatrist
- Blood work and lab testing
- Medical and nutritional restoration and stability
- Management of prescription and non-prescription medications
- Individual psychotherapy sessions with doctoral or master's level primary therapist (three times per week)
- Weekly individual sessions with treatment team to discuss progress and therapeutic opportunities
- Daily group therapies such as:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy | Acceptance and commitment therapy | Dialectical behavioral skills training | Interpersonal process | Body image | Expressive art | Relapse prevention
- Utilization reviews conducted by treatment team to maximize benefits
- Mindful reintroduction of movement including walks, yoga, dance, and circuit training, with individually-crafted movement plans and exposures
- Individualized multi-domain level system
- Evaluating readiness for movement, self-portioning, and family outing passes | Progress-indicating benchmarks | Step-down transition planning and discharge readiness assessment
- Comprehensive family support
- Weekly family therapy supported by integrated family work | Frequent family communication | Coaching | Psychoeducation | Monthly Family Friday program
- Thoughtfully implemented meal plan based on specific nutritional needs and personal preferences
- Weekly individual nutrition therapy with registered dietitian
- Pre- and post-meal process groups utilizing OPC's hunger/fullness scale to increase awareness of internal cues
- Mindful eating to help develop a balanced and sustainable relationship with food
- Weekly cooking groups with staff support
- Graduated return to responsibility for self-nourishment through the introduction of self-portioning and self-regulating
Adjunct programming for co-occurring disorders is a cornerstone of our successful treatment model. We understand the damaging impact of these disorders, and choose the most effective treatments and therapies for each patient based on her personal history and needs.
We believe an important part of residential treatment is preparing our patients for the real world outside of residential treatment. We do this through daily supported exposure therapy, step-down programs, and aftercare planning.