24-hour Residential Program
THE PHILOSOPHY OF CARE at Oliver-Pyatt Centers is grounded in mindfulness and the belief that each person has the capacity for a mindful relationship with food and their body. Present in every aspect of our programs, this philosophy encompasses nutrition and eating, as well as movement, with an emphasis on becoming free from negative habits, behaviors and rigidity. We work from a place of empathy and wisdom, using a medically grounded, psychologically gentle approach.
AS OUR PATIENTS become more able to trust their bodies, they find they have a greater capacity for mindful eating, mindful movement and eventually mindful living. Mindfulness can become their new anchor as they learn to live day-by-day without the intrusion of the eating disorder.
PROGRAMS AT Oliver-Pyatt Centers integrate highly personalized and sophisticated medical, psychiatric, clinical and nutritional care with comprehensive family support. Our treatment is therapeutically grounded, incorporating state-of-the-art approaches, research, outcome data, up-to-date medical knowledge and is creative and flexible as well. A vital part of our in-depth bio-psycho-social model of treatment is the patient-therapist relationship, through which the core issues driving the eating disorder, and any co-occurring disorders that accompany it, can be discovered and thoroughly addressed.
MEDICAL, PSYCHIATRIC, CLINICAL, AND NUTRITIONAL CARE
- 24-HOUR ON-SITE MEDICAL OVERSIGHT AND NURSING
- COMPLETE MEDICAL HISTORY AND PHYSICAL EXAM UPON ADMISSION
- DAILY MEDICAL ASSESSMENTS AND MONITORING
- WEEKLY MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS (MORE FREQUENTLY IF INDICATED)
- 24-HOUR ACCESS TO PSYCHIATRISTS
- PSYCHIATRIC ASSESSMENT AND AT LEAST ONE WEEKLY SESSION WITH PSYCHIATRIST
- BLOOD WORK AND LAB TESTING
- MEDICAL AND NUTRITIONAL RESTORATION AND STABILITY
- MANAGEMENT OF PRESCRIPTION AND NON-PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS
- INDIVIDUAL PSYCHOTHERAPY SESSIONS WITH DOCTORAL OR MASTER'S LEVEL PRIMARY THERAPIST (THREE TIMES PER WEEK)
- WEEKLY INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS WITH TREATMENT TEAM TO DISCUSS PROGRESS AND THERAPEUTIC OPPORTUNITIES
- DAILY GROUP THERAPIES SUCH AS:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy | Acceptance and commitment therapy | Dialectical behavioral skills training | Interpersonal process | Body image | Expressive art | Relapse prevention
- UTILIZATION REVIEWS CONDUCTED BY TREATMENT TEAM TO MAXIMIZE BENEFITS
- MINDFUL REINTRODUCTION OF MOVEMENT INCLUDING WALKS, YOGA, DANCE, AND CIRCUIT TRAINING, WITH INDIVIDUALLY-CRAFTED MOVEMENT PLANS AND EXPOSURES
- INDIVIDUALIZED MULTI-DOMAIN LEVEL SYSTEM
- Evaluating readiness for movement, self-portioning, and family outing passes | Progress-indicating benchmarks | Step-down transition planning and discharge readiness assessment
- COMPREHENSIVE FAMILY SUPPORT
- Weekly family therapy supported by integrated family work | Frequent family communication | Coaching | Psychoeducation | Monthly Family Friday program
- THOUGHTFULLY IMPLEMENTED MEAL PLAN BASED ON SPECIFIC NUTRITIONAL NEEDS AND PERSONAL PREFERENCES
- WEEKLY INDIVIDUAL NUTRITION THERAPY WITH REGISTERED DIETITIAN
- PRE- AND POST-MEAL PROCESS GROUPS UTILIZING OPC'S HUNGER/FULLNESS SCALE TO INCREASE AWARENESS OF INTERNAL CUES
- MINDFUL EATING TO HELP DEVELOP A BALANCED AND SUSTAINABLE RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD
- WEEKLY COOKING GROUPS WITH STAFF SUPPORT
- GRADUATED RETURN TO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELF-NOURISHMENT THROUGH THE INTRODUCTION OF SELF-PORTIONING AND SELF-REGULATING
ADJUNCT PROGRAMMING FOR CO-OCCURRING DISORDERS is a cornerstone of our successful treatment model. We understand the damaging impact of these disorders, and choose the most effective treatments and therapies for each patient based on her personal history and needs.
WE BELIEVE an important part of residential treatment is preparing our patients for the real world outside of residential treatment. We do this through daily supported exposure therapy, step-down programs, and aftercare planning.